Tuesday, November 22, 2016

No baby belly for you

I had to break the news to Ikey that boys can't carry babies in their bellies. He's less than impressed.

Ike: "And then, when I'm really big I'll have a baby in my belly."
Me: "You will?"
Ike: "Yeah, someday. Just like you with me and Woodrow."
Me: "Oh. Well sorry buddy, boys can't carry babies in their bellies, only girls can do that."
Ike: "..."

The next day:

Ike: "So, Woodrow can't have a baby in his belly?" 
Me: "Nope"
Ike: "And Elliott is a boy so he can't either."
Me: "Right"
Ike: "And Vanessa (Elliott's mom) had a baby in her belly but...she's kinda like a boy, so now I'm not sure.
Me: "Huh?"
Ike: "Y'now, because she has short hair and all."





1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, it's all so confusing!! Cute, inquisitive, sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete